Welcome to Nutfield Church (C of E) Primary School

Call us on: 01737 823239
Successful bid for funding!

Successful bid for funding!

As a Voluntary Aided Church School we work closely with the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education to bid for extra funding from the Department for Education to improve our buildings to help towards continuing improvements in outcomes for all our children.

Earlier in the year a bid was made to the Local Authority Co-ordinated Voluntary Aided Programme (LCVAP). We have been successful in securing additional funding of £100,000 for the current financial year to spend on replacing internal doors, replacement ceilings in the lower school classrooms and reception area, a replacement fire alarm and replacement roof domes throughout the school. This grant will be paid at 90% (£90,000) and the Governors will have to fund the remaining 10% (£10,000).

We are making good progress on this project; over the summer the ceilings in our Years R, 1 and 2 classrooms and in the reception area have been replaced and we now have smart new doors throughout the school which has made a massive improvement to our surroundings throughout the school building.

The next part of the plan is the installation of a new fire alarm in the October half term, when we also plan to replace the old and discoloured roof lights throughout the school. This will make an immediate improvement on the level of light in the classrooms and we have ensured that if and when in the future the roof coverings are replaced then the new roof lights can be used in the new roof.   

We are very grateful to the Diocese for their support; the £100,000 for the current year is in addition to the £40,000 received in 2016 for the major improvements to the school office, and the £30,000 to improve the drainage on the boundary with the Village Hall. In 2015 we received £140,000 for the new school kitchen and £40,000 in 2014 for IT re-structure.

 

Governors and the Senior Leadership Team recognise the importance of our physical school environment in the continuing success of our school and continue to work hard to ensure the effective use of all resources to improve outcomes for all our pupils.