We have published a new page on the school website – Internet Safety (on the Parents’ pull down menu) – a page full of useful information, tips, videos and websites on how to keep your family safe online. Please take a look – we hope that this will be the start of a useful community network where we, as stakeholders in the children’s future online safety, can share ideas and, together, teach our children how to stay safe in the digital world.
At school, all the classes have been taking part in a survey – Appsolutely Fantastic – which aims to find out exactly which games and apps Nutfield Church children like to play. The results from the survey will be available at the Internet Safety Drop In Sessions on Tuesday 6th February. There will be a lot more on offer and we urge you to come if you can:
- Ask a social media guru about how online sites really work
- Decide which parental settings are going to work for your family
- Pick up safety hints about games and social media apps Minecraft, Snapchat and WhatsApp
- Try out some child-friendly apps and games
- Engage in an ongoing discussion about how best to protect your children online
There are two sessions and you can drop in for a quick visit or stay as long as you like. The first is during the afternoon – 2.30pm-5pm – when you are very welcome to bring your children along with you, either your toddlers before you pick up the older children, or the whole family following school and club pick up times. We are holding a second, evening session – 7pm-8pm – where you can come along, find out the latest in online safety, and enjoy a glass of wine and some nibbles in a more relaxed atmosphere.